Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday

as {kinda} promised yesterday.

First, my most current work in progress:

azzu's shawl
 I'm not really sure what possessed me to try a shawl, but so far I like it. I think I was looking for something a little more complicated but it will be fine. It's growing in width super fast, and so far I'm at like 160 stitches across. I'm on row 71 out of 122, so making good progress, but each row is taking longer than the last! This is the funhouse fibers yarn I won, the color is so bright & pretty, plus a little sparkly. It makes me happy. Party in the tardis.

next:

Ruby bear
Just something little I can take along and will be quick to finish. Tiny teddy bear ears, head and body. Plus I'm using up scraps from the baby sweater I made a while back. It's smashed down right now, but it'll be stuffed and hopefully cute. Not really making it for anything specific other than practice..
So, the project with the button bands.. that would be the little coffee bean sweater. my version is robot gray and dandelion yellow shine (?) cotton from knit picks, and in my opinion, super adorable. this one also has no owner (yet). no photos either. whoops. so anyways, it still needs button bands and buttons.

The I'm already thinking about what to start next. All I know is, I have one lovely skein of cascade 220 superwash sport. This color:

and i want to knit it now..

but i'll most likely try to wait until something else is finished.. there's still the bellingrath socks and cameron sweater waiting in my knitting bin to also be finished.

1 comment:

  1. You have some cute stuff on the needles. Can't wait to see the bear!

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?