Thursday, October 14, 2010

lately..

What have I been up to lately.. honestly, I can't remember! I can tell you what I haven't been doing... (grocery shopping, cleaning house, laundry, dishes, going to bed early)
I'm tired, I know that! I blame football! We stayed out too late watching football Sunday AND Monday. I had the afternoon off yesterday and used it to enjoy a little relaxation & a nap.
Dev and I have gone to the park lots because 1. it's super close, like closer than the neighbors. and 2. we're really gonna miss it when it's covered in snow. Devin is going on big boy walks with me, around the block, the trail around the park.. everywhere. Its nice not to use the stroller and to let him burn off some energy & explore a little that way. Walks always take a little longer than they should, but we love the fall air so no biggie.

Here's the dollar store yarn in action. Almost done.
I blurred the edges because I really need to vacuum. hahaha. It's an earflap hat for winter for little man. It's going to have a red pom at the top, if I can learn that... as well as be lined in red around the bottom and have cords from the flaps with poms on the bottom too. Look how little yarn I have left in gray.. hopefully enough to do part two of my plan.. I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to close off the top of the hat! Oh yea, and those are bamboo knitting needles. I used to love them, but I have decided I hate them with this yarn, everything seemed so sticky and my fingers are sore! The regular aluminum kind is much better for me.

Beet harvest was put off a bit because it was too warm. Last year was too wet. It's always something... Instead the day crew did soybeans while the night people still did beets. All in all, Rob has still worked tons of hours. Like 95ish in 9 days. He must really love us. :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the hat! Hopefully harvest is almost done up there. Our guys are done here. Crazy that they finished so early, but dry weather will do that

    ReplyDelete

what do you think?