Wednesday, November 9, 2011

{still} carefree

I wasn't sure I'd have time to knit up another cowl for the Carefree Cowl knit-along, but I really wanted to make the purl bee's bandana cowl.
pretty right? so I got yarn, and got at it. I finished in a day, but actually, I didn't finish. I ran out of yarn and decided that I had the wrong yarn/needle combo to begin with and wound it back into a ball!
But, still, I wanted to have at least one more cowl. so,

it's basically a tube. i just cast on (60, or was it 70? stitches) and did a few rounds of rib and a bunch of stockinette, and then a few more rounds of ribbing until I thought i was going to run out of yarn.
I love fat yarn.
one of these days i'll get my bandana cowl made... but today is the last day for the knit-a-long.
it's been real, and it's been fun. it's been real, carefree fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what do you think?